During the install of Flying Logic 2.0, the contents of the Examples folder will be replaced by new files that conform to the new document extension of .xlogic. If for some reason you have saved any of your documents in the Examples folder, they will be deleted during the install.
Please copy all your documents from the Examples folder before installing Flying Logic 2.0; and in the future, avoid saving files to the Examples folder.
Sciral’s development team and Beta testing team has been working hard to bring you our first paid upgrade, Flying Logic Professional 2.0. This upgrade to Flying Logic Professional 2.0 is available now for only $69.00 at Sciral’s Flying Logic Upgrades, and can be downloaded from Sciral’s Flying Logic Downloads page.
For new users, Sciral still offers a free 30-day trial of Flying Logic Professional so that you may try the software before buying it. Please visit Sciral’s Flying Logic Downloads to begin your free trial of this amazing software today. Once you’ve had a chance to use Flying Logic Professional 2.0 we know you’ll wonder how you got along without it. Flying Logic Professional 2.0 is available for purchase in the Sciral Store for only $249.00.
Any users who purchased Flying Logic Professional 1.2 within the last 60 days are eligible for a free upgrade to Flying Logic Professional 2.0. To redeem your complimentary upgrade on purchases of Flying Logic Professional 1.2 made within 60 days of this latest release please visit Sciral’s Flying Logic Upgrades.
Flying Logic Professional 2.0 includes a huge number of new features and enhancements including our top request for Incremental Layout! To read all about Flying Logic’s new features in detail check out the all new Flying Logic User’s Guide.
Here is a list of the new features in Flying Logic Professional 2.0.
- Sidebar is now a collection of inspectors that can be individually shown or hidden as desired.
- Title and annotation editing moved to Text inspector.
- Create new entities from titles via Quick Capture option in Text inspector.
- Annotations can include styled text and hyperlinks.
- Document inspector allows adding of info like title, author, headers, footers, etc.
- Navigation inspector supports visual scrolling of graph.
- Element inspector can edit all selected graph elements of same type at once.
- Canvas can be zoomed smaller and larger.
- Show unique Entity IDs for each entity element in graph.
- Change entity title width and font size.
- Auto-edit titles of newly created entities.
- Import custom symbols from bitmapped images (GIF, PNG, JPG, etc.) and SVG drawings.
- Helpful highlighting when moving edges.
- Menu option to reverse edges.
- Menu option to swap elements.
- Menu option to swap forward and back edges.
- Select head or tail entity.
- Group background color can be changed.
- A group can by hoisted to become entire contents of canvas.
- Incremental layout option minimizes re-layout of graph when new elements added.
- Domains can be hidden so they don’t appear in the class tree in the Domain inspector.
- Current domains can be set as the default for newly created documents.
- Export diagram to Graphviz (DOT format).
- Create new document from selection.
- Project management features (experimental).
This release of Flying Logic Professional 2.0 also includes the following Bug fixes.
- Document extension changed to xlogic to resolve problems related to a popular Mac program.
- Margin and page calculations in Print Preview dialog improved.
- Other stability fixes.
We know our current Flying Logic family of users, anyone that’s been considering using Flying Logic, and those users that still haven’t found us yet will find this latest release an amazingly powerful planning tool. As always the Sciral team would like to wish you Happy Planning!!!